Guaranteed Secured Checkout
Crested Java Fern is hands down one of the most popular plants in the aquarium hobby. It is a slow grower and will thrive even in low light aquariums. A great addition to an aquascape, usually placed in the middle or background. Its thick, long leaves provide excellent cover for fish and fry.
Java fern will grow across your aquarium via its rhizome while sending leaves vertically upwards toward the light source. It will produce baby plants on the undersides of its leaves which can be removed and replanted if desired.
- Scientific Name:ÃÂÃÂ Microsorum pteropus CRESTED
- Native To:ÃÂÃÂ Southeast Asia
- Skill Level:ÃÂÃÂ Easy
- Co2 Requirement:ÃÂÃÂ None
- Preferred Fertilizer:ÃÂÃÂ LiquidÃÂÃÂ
- Placement:ÃÂÃÂ We recommend attaching Java fern to rocks, wood or decor rather than burying it in substrate. We find it easiest to attach using thread or aquarium glue