Guaranteed Secured Checkout
Golden Yellow Discus 5-6cm Limited Stocks available at Melbourne Tropical Fish
The Golden Yellow Discus is a variety of the popular tropical freshwater fish known as Discus (Symphysodon spp.). Discus fish are native to the Amazon River basin in South America and are highly prized by aquarium enthusiasts for their vibrant colours, unique body shape, and interesting behaviour.
The Golden Yellow Discus, as the name suggests, has a golden or yellow coloration. It typically displays a bright yellow body with a varying degree of intensity. The shade of yellow can range from pale yellow to deep golden hues, depending on genetics and environmental factors.
Like other Discus fish, the Golden Yellow variety requires specific care to thrive in an aquarium. Here are some key points to consider:
1. Tank Setup: Provide a spacious aquarium with a minimum size of 50 gallons (or larger for a group of Discus). Maintaining stable water conditions is crucial, so invest in a good filtration system and perform regular water changes.
2. Water Parameters: Discus fish prefer warm water with a temperature range of 82-86°F (28-30°C). The pH level should be slightly acidic to neutral, ideally around 6.0-7.0. Keep in mind that regular monitoring and adjustments may be necessary to maintain stable conditions.
3. Compatibility: Discus fish are generally peaceful but can be sensitive to water quality and tank mates. It is advisable to keep them in a species-only or a well-planned community tank with peaceful, non-aggressive species that can tolerate the warm water conditions.
4. Diet: Offer a varied diet consisting of high-quality pellets, flakes, and frozen or live foods. Discus fish appreciate a protein-rich diet, including bloodworms, brine shrimp, and daphnia. Ensure the food is appropriate in size for their small mouths.
5. Behaviour and Socialization: Discus fish are known for their social behaviour and tend to thrive in groups. Keeping a small group of 4-6 Discus fish is recommended to promote their natural interactions and reduce stress.
Remember, Discus fish, including the Golden Yellow Discus, can be sensitive to changes in their environment. Providing a stable and well-maintained aquarium with suitable water parameters and a balanced diet is essential for their overall health and colouration