Deltec Protein Skimmer Tc2560
Deltec's new and innovative TC (Twin chamber) range of external skimmers featuring Deltec's brand new high performance pump with class leading energy to air ratio (E-T-A) .
Suitable for aquariums up to 2400 lts
For over 20 years Deltec GMBH have worked hard to develop the best specialist marine aquarium equipment available on the market and are known throughout the world for the high performance and quality of their protein skimmers. When their patent on the Deltec Pinwheel ran out it opened the market for other people to copy their ideas and to produce pinwheels of their own but without the 20+ years of experience and development that had gone into the Deltec products.
The next generation of Deltec skimmers is shortly to hit the market and this time Deltec have developed their own design of pump and spent months getting the right amount of air for the lowest possible power consumption
This has allowed Deltec to set new standards in efficiency and to illustrate the difference they have introduced a new terminology, E-T-A Ratio (energy to air ratio), to allow comparison of Deltec products against others.
The new products have an E-T-A Ratio of around 60 to one and can produce 1500 lts of air per hour whilst using only 25W of power. Compare this with the current Deltec modified Eheim pumps, (already renound for their performance), which only produce 600 lts of air for 36W of power and you will understand why we are so excited.
The TC name describes the special Twin Chamber design of the bubble chamber which is patented and has the benefit of pressurising the pumps for higher performance and ensures that only unskimmed water passes through he pump rather than reskimming and reprocessing water in the chamber.
The new bubble plate design allows the height of the skimmers to be reduced compared with the current range to allow them to fit in a greater number of installations and cabinets. The primary use of the bubble chamber is to prevent turbulence from the skimmer body and neck as turbulence can pull waste loaded bubbles back into the water column causing a reduction in efficiency. The air to water ratio is so high that there is almost immediate reaction with the waste therefore there is no requirement for the tall reaction chambers found on some low air skimmers thus keeping the units compact.
- External Version - Deltec TC 2560 - This stands for Twin Chamber, body diameter 250mm and total height 600mm
- Significantly exceeds performance of AP902 (1200 lts of air - 230V)
- Footprint 320mm by 430mm
- Height under outlet pipe 268mm
- 2000 ltrs normal stocking 2400 ltrs heavy stocking
- Total air produced - 1500 - 1800 lts/hour
- Power consumption 29-34W
- Neck diameter 140mm
- Patented Twn Chamber bubble chamber
- Tank Suitability 2000 lts heavy stocking 2400 lts normal stocking
- connections 32mm in 50mm out
- Remote drain of skimmer cup
- Air silencers
- Micro adjustable skimmer setting
- High water flow through the skimmer 2000-3600 ltrs/hr
- Optional self cleaning system
- New colour scheme
- Can be gravity or pump fed (supply pump not supplied).